- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- .NET Framework 4.5.1 or higher (bundled in installer)
- Administrative privileges in Windows (only required if .NET Framework out of date)
- TCP Ports 80, 443 in ClickOnce applications allowed in Firewall(s)
- The alert/notification app installs per-Windows-user
- VirusTotal Scan Results
- Manually whitelisting applications in Windows Firewall
1) While logged into InText click on the user menu in the top-right corner. In the dropdown list, select "Notifications" to begin the download.
2) "setup.exe", the installer for the InText Alert App, will download to your computer. You may (depending on your browser) receive a dialogue to confirm where to save the file.
3) Locate setup.exe on your computer and run it. This may require Administrative access in Windows for first-time installation, which may require assistance from your I.T department.
4) Depending on your version of Windows, you will be greeted with a security warning asking if you want to run the installer. Select "Run" to proceed
5) Now that the installer is running, you will be prompted to proceed with the installation. Hit "Install" to continue
6) The installer will now downloaded and install the necessary files to run the Alert application
7) When the installer completes, you may be asked if you want to run "InText Alert." Select "Yes" or "Run", and the window for InText Alert should open.
8) With the application now installed, you should notice a new icon for the InText Alert app on your desktop, as well as in your Start Menu, filed under "Metis Company." The installer also places a copy of the shortcut in your Startup folder so the alert app will always open after a reboot or fresh login to your Windows account.